– WALK FRESH is a youth owned & managed boutique sneaker cleaning and shoe care start-up established in 2015. With a full-time staff of 12 young people. It aims to keep it’s clients sneakers and shoes looking and feeling as good as new, by offering the following services:
– Sneaker cleaning
– Suede cleaning & refurbishing
– Shoe shining
– Shoe repairs
These services can be accessed through the pick up and delivery option available on the WALK FRESH website, and through 3 sneaker cleaning outlets listed below:
– WALK FRESH Daveyton
– WALK FRESH Soweto
– WALK FRESH Sandton (Inside Sportscene Sandton City)
Challenges Being Faced During COVID-19
A large percentage of our revenue is from client walk-ins at our 3 outlets. With the lockdown in affect, there is no revenue and the business is not able to operate.
What Will The Donations Be Used For?
The donation will be mainly used to cover the month to month business administrative overheads such as the business insurance, subscriptions etc. to avoid the business being in debt and to avoid retrenching stuff.
How does our work impact the community/give-back?
– Revive & Donate shoe program.
– NYDA Entrepreneur of the year 2017.
– J&B Hive Entrepreneur of the year 2018 & 2019
– M&G Young South Africans 2018
– Destiny Man 40 under 40.